Hello, my name is Shizuka Yoshida. I'm from Hatinohe, Aomori. I live in Morioka. I was born on September 15th, 1995, so I am twenty years old now. I have a brother. He is 6 years older than me.
I like reading books and listening to music. I also like playing the instruments. I have been learning piano since the age of 4. When I have time, I often play the piano. When I was a junior high school student, I belonged to brass band club and I played the drums. I want to be an English teacher in the futere, and I like English.
My Development Goals (October 16, 2015→February 12, 2016→August 5, 2016)
- Study English more and learn the method of teaching. I must study to conduct an easy-to-understand class.
- Think about students' thoughts. It is important to think on the level of students.
- Device the way of teaching. To consider a lot if there are the points that can improve helps make the easy-to-understand class.
My Development in 2014 - 2016
My Teaching Philosophy (October 16, 2015→February 12, 2016→August 5, 2016)
- First thing is to conduct an easy-to-understand class. Explanations and directions that is easy to understand are needed to get students to understand. I want to speak with jesture at the difficlt point. To conduct such class, analyzing students' needs and changing the class accordingly are necessary.
- Second is to make many chances for students to speak and weite English. I think it is not enough only to memorise the sentenses of the textbooks. It is very important for them to practice sending their own thoughts. I want them to be able to communicate with people in English.
- Third is to make lively atmosphere. I want students to enjoy learning English. I want to do many interesting activities such as enjoyable games and English songs.
In my development goals, I wrote about the kind of ability I want to get in ETM.
Critical Incident 1 : CI report in Nakano elementary school July 23th
Our goal is that students can say what they like using the expression "I like~." We play Symon Says Game. After that, we read the book "Hats!" twice. Next, we played the card game.
I had three incidents I did not plan but happened in class. First, students participated in our class more positively and lively than I expected before the class. Second it is about reading. Third, it is about the card game.
Critical Incident2(December 1, 2015)
I went to Nakano elementary school and taught the name of subjects and day of the week. Our goal was that the students could say their favorite subject and the day of the week.
I had three incidents. First the students' reaction in the song was different from our prediction. Second we had trouble in game. We noticed our game had a defect after the game was started. Third we had no time to do the last activity.
Critical Incident 3: July 12
I went to Fuzoku junior high school and our goal was that the students can explain the rule of evacuation drills with the expression "must." After we did listening activity and reading practice, we did the activity about evacuation drills.
I had 3 incidents. First, in the activity, the students gave the opinions that we had not expected. Second we had some time left. Third the students did not read with a big gesture.